The benefits of gardening to your health
1) Spending time in the garden provides sunlight which in turn gives you some much needed vitamin D.
2) Gardening for several hours a week could help you to lose weight. It is said that you can burn up to 500 calories per hour of gardening depending on the activity.
3) Being out in the garden and exposed to different microbes helps to build up your immune system which in turn helps you to fight colds and flu.
4) Gardening is great for relieving stress and is a great distraction from the day to day stresses in life.
5) Growing your own vegetables, herbs and fruit is not only rewarding but is great for your diet too.
Posted 1st May 10:34am