Thursday is National Garden Meditation Day and to mark this we have created an infographic on why gardening is good for the mind, see our reasons below.
1) Gardening is great for the mind and is a mood booster. Being busy in the garden keeps your mind occupied and focused and gives you that feel good factor.
2) Gardening is great for physical activity and you can burn up to 500 calories per hour of gardening.
3) Gardening is great for relieving stress and reduces levels of cortisol.
4) Flowers and the outdoors are known to improve your mood. Getting outdoors, gardening or visiting your local National Trust garden is sure to improve how you’re feeling.
5) Gardening requires skills that protect the brain from ageing and has links to decreasing the risk of dementia.
6) Gardening is linked to a better night’s sleep, the physical activity will tire you out.
Posted 30th Apr 11:35am
Read more >
We would like to welcome Alice Knowles to the cash & carry team. Alice joins us from RHS Harlow Carr and has a great plant knowledge behind her, Alice will be working front of house on the cash & carry dealing with customer enquiries in person, on the phone and by email, Here’s what she had to say about her new job.
1) Where did you work prior to Johnsons? – spent the last 10 years working in garden centres with the last 4 years at RHS Harlow Carr Plant centre as a team leader.
2) What are the similarities in your old role to your new role at Johnsons? – Customer facing role, giving plant advice, stock ordering.
3) Where did you study and what qualifications did you gain? – 2 years at Bishop Burton Collage doing ND in Horticulture covering subjects such as machinery, propagation and pruning.
4) What will your role include at Johnsons? Front of house, dealing with customer enquiries in store, over the phone and by email, quotes and sales.
5) How have you found your first week at Johnsons? Varied trying to learn all the new systems but the team have been very supportive.
6)What are you looking forward to in your new role? Working alongside a nursery and gaining more horticultural knowledge.
7) What do you think the challenges will be? Trying to remember plant pot sizes/height/container/root ball,the bad weather and not having a Bettys lunch everyday.
8) Tell us a random fact about yourself? I’m a Leeds Rhinos supporter.
Posted 16th Apr 9:56am
Read more >
|Monday||8am - 4.30pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 4.30pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 4.30pm|
|Thursday||8am - 4.30pm|
|Friday||8am - 4.30pm|
|Saturday||8am - 12pm|
Set in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside, why not visit our nursery to discover what we have to offer?