Look out for Hedgehogs this bonfire night.
We all love bonfire night however, this can be a dangerous time for hedgehogs. Here are a few tips to help protect them this year
• If possible, build your bonfire on the day you are going to light it.
• If you are collecting materials before the day, store them away from the fire site and move on the day you will light the fire.
• Always build your bonfire on clear open ground. Don’t start on top of an existing pile of leaves as hedgehogs maybe underneath
• Give your bonfire one final check. Hedgehogs will only be in the bottom 2ft so gently lift with a pole or brush handle.
• If you do find a hedgehog, try to take some of the nest with it and place in a large box filled with paper and towels. Make some air holes in the lid and make sure the lid is secured as hedgehogs are good climbers.
• Place the box in a safe place such as a shed or garage then release the hedgehog under a hedge or large bush once the fire has finished.
• Always wear gloves when handling.
Posted 1st Nov 9:46am
|Monday||8am - 4.30pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 4.30pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 4.30pm|
|Thursday||8am - 4.30pm|
|Friday||8am - 4.30pm|
|Saturday||8am - 12pm|
Set in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside, why not visit our nursery to discover what we have to offer?